McClurkin Family Mourns the Loss of Their Beloved Sister, Olivia McClurkin
Los Angeles, CA - One of gospel music's most powerful singers, Donnie McClurkin and his family mourns the loss of their sister, Olivia McClurkin. The second oldest sibling of seven children succumbed to a nine year battle with cancer on Tuesday, November 4, 2008. Not only will this day be recorded in the history books for the nomination of America's first African American President, but it will be recorded in the hearts of McClurkin's family and friends as the day she made her transition.
McClurkin was a dynamic vocalist who recorded with her siblings on two McClurkin Family Projects (Zomba Records) ,along with singing background for such artists as pop star, Whitney Houston; gospel artists Pastor Andrae Crouch, Ron Kenoly and others. McClurkin leaves behind a grandmother, mother, father, two brothers, fours sisters, three daughters, nine grandchildren and a host of friends. All calls, cards, donations and well wishes can be directed to (516) 223-8300.
|WHAT:||Olivia McClurkin's Home Going Service
|WHEN:||Tuesday, November 11, 2008
5:30pm - 6:30pm - Remarks
7:00pm - Start of Service
|WHERE:||Perfecting Faith Church
311 N. Main Street
Freeport, NY 11520
|NO FLOWERS PLEASE !|
GospelCity sends the McClurkin family our deepest sympathies. Messages of condolences, love, well wishes, and Victory are welcome. Please use the guestbook below.
- â€śSignatureâ€ť Releases a New Sound in Their New Single â€śBigger Than Allâ€ť
- Motown Gospelâ€™s Tasha Cobbs Wins Big with Three GMA Dove Awards
- Verizon How Sweet the Sound â€śBest Choir in Americaâ€ť Winners â€“ Where are they now?
- Announcing 1st Annual GospelCity.com (Virtual) Music Awards (GCMA)
- DFizzle Mayne Provides Instrumental and Hook for 'Party'
- Flavor Alliance and Fellowship of Holy Hip Hop Extend Partnership