Mildred A. Hammond, Mother of Fred Hammond Passes
Yesterday, the world suffered a great loss in the passing of Ms. Mildred A. Hammond, mother of gospel recording artist Fred Hammond. After a courageous battle with cancer, her suffering ceased peacefully on the early morning of Thursday, November 8, 2007 at age 72.
Ms. Hammond, affectionately known to many as “Mom Hammond”, was known throughout local gospel communities for her involvement with various choirs and ensembles. She quietly took a hands-on approach to aiding her children in ministry and was the inspirational foundation behind Fred Hammond’s love for music.
A pillar of strength, “Mom Hammond” had an unshakeable faith in God, always willing to share an encouraging word with anyone she encountered. She was truly a blessing to every life she touched.
She leaves behind her children Fred Hammond, Raymond Hammond, Terrie Mason, Melonie McPhearson and Dave Hammond, as well as grandchildren, great grandchildren, and a host of family and friends who celebrate her full life and memory.
Fred Hammond issued this statement:
”I join my family in thanking you all for your prayers and support during this challenging time. The battles over! Cancer lost. My Mom isn’t suffering anymore and we’ll cherish her memory forever.”
The home-going service will be held on Thursday, November 15, 2007 at 11:00am at The Potter’s House- Dallas, TX. Please send all floral arrangements for the service to:
The Potter’s House
6777 West Kiest Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75236
Please send all cards and condolences to:
fHammond Family Entertainment
1412 Main Street
Dallas, TX 75202
214-420-9214 Ext. 114 (for service information)
Your prayers and support are greatly appreciated.
- Prophet Donny Pomerlee Debuts New Single and Project, â€śThis Great Day!â€ť
- â€śSignatureâ€ť Releases a New Sound in Their New Single â€śBigger Than Allâ€ť
- Motown Gospelâ€™s Tasha Cobbs Wins Big with Three GMA Dove Awards
- Verizon How Sweet the Sound â€śBest Choir in Americaâ€ť Winners â€“ Where are they now?
- Announcing 1st Annual GospelCity.com (Virtual) Music Awards (GCMA)
- GospelCity.com interview with Kasi Lemmons, Director of Black Nativity