William Murphy, III Releases New CD May 1st
Atlanta, GA – William Murphy, III known for the smash hit “Praise Is What I Do”—the title track from Shekinah Glory Ministries’ 2002 gold-selling album will release a new CD - THE SOUND on Tuesday, May 1, 2007.
“This album has the kind of music that will make you roll your windows down and kick back” says Murphy. “It is very progressive”.
Possessing a voice that is nothing short of stunning in range and dynamics, and with seasoned hit-makers, William makes music that crosses all lines of age, creed and color. THE SOUND features three generations of William Murphys as his father and grandfather contribute to ‘the sound’.
Recorded live before an audience at Crossover Studio in Atlanta, GA and filled with a few friends and members of the dReam Center Church where Murphy is Pastor, this was designed to be more of an intimate setting. According to Murphy, people are getting more than just good songs. They are really getting a worship experience. The greatest inspiration came as Murphy was going through personal trials all the way back to December, 2004 and people were sending him emails testifying of their worst time in their lives. As he spoke to the Lord, he was reminded to not panic because there was a new sound that needed to be heard and delivered. So he used the struggles of his life to produce a new sound – birthing a song.
The soon-to-be classic “The Sound,” the album’s first single and video, gets its inspiration because the Lord spoke to William and told him that there was a new sound that he was waiting to hear as reminiscent of the sound from Jericho. He wants this new sound to “break my people through”. In other words, it is the sound of Jubilee or to set the people free.
Other songs include “Happy Days” a duo with his friend, Grammy-Award nominated Canton ‘C.J.’ Jones, “Angels Cry,” written by his younger brother and a re-write of Fred Hammond’s anthem “Blessed”.
William was born and raised in Detroit, MI where he lived until his late 20s, before moving to Atlanta in 2001 to serve as Senior Minister of Worship at Bishop Eddie Long’s renowned New Birth Missionary Baptist Church until 2005. He and his wife, Pastor Danielle Murphy lead the dReam Center Church of Atlanta.
- Marvin Sapp “Thirsty” In Stores Now!
- Maharold Peoples, Jr. & Tribe of Praise Releases New CD!
- New T-Bone Release Hot Off The Grill September 25
- Rev. Milton Biggham & The Georgia Mass Choir Poised To “Tell It”
- HIP Hop Gospel Artist jaMaL Prepares To Release His Debut Single “My Best Days”
- Former NFL Players to Release Warriors Worshippers
Also on GCHeadlines
- ANNOUNCING: New Gospel Talent Booking Agency Now Open for Business!
- GRAMMY WINNER MICHELLE WILLIAMS RELEASES HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW ALBUM â€śJOURNEY TO FREEDOMâ€ť TO #1
- Recap of 2014 Allstate Gospel SuperFest Battle of the Bands in tour at Washington, DC auditions
- The Follow Tour featuring ShopĂ©, Canon, Json, S.O, Julien & Dj Lagit